Please2 be careful if you're willing to buy it online, I don't recommend you to buy it from Ebay, I've seen many people selling counterfeit MAC/EH/SK/TSF/BB and any other brands on facebook and Ebay.
And alert for MAC shoppers. though that the article about fake mac product has been spread everywhere on web, I can still find make up seller in Ebay and other site that selling some of fake MAC products.
I'll gather all article about fake fake MAC Fluidline Eyeliner gel and how to identify it.
You can check genuine MAC fluidline gel eyeliner HERE
If you checked ALL of point below, your MAC fluidline is definitely genuine:
- Always comes WITHOUT a BRUSH!
- The glass jar is round in shape& slightly frosted.
- Shade colour should be on the sticker on the box ie:Blacktrack,Dipdown,Blitz&Glitz and on underneath on the jar as shown on the photo below!
- Most important it should have ETCHED batch code on the box and on the sticker..both should match ie B78 etc!
- Font color for MAC logo is BLACK and always be BLACK.
- No spelling mistakes!
- Bar Code in form of a sticker ( fake mac has it stamped on)
- The box has the name of the color in a sticker
- Genuine MAC eyeliner ALWAYS have proper names such as "BLACK TRACK" the name of the shade is clearly displayed on the bottom part of the jar.
About the FAKE MAC fluidline eyeliner:There are MORE THAN ONE group or company that producing fake Mac cosmetics. So please be careful, It doesn't mean that "oh the jar is round and the logo is black" then you think that it's authentic. Apparently, I found some -pretty good- fake MAC fluidline eyeliner that will makes you think "it's original" at the first glance.
Identifying FAKE MAC Fluidline Eyeline Gel:
- Fake MAC LIQUID eyeliners will have name such as Black 01/BK1/ orBlack. If you come across these they are definitely fake.
- Check for spelling mistakes. If there's any mistake then it's definitely a fake.
- Proper shades name is not displayed on the bottom part of the jar. Some fake product just attach a sticker with number code like 1, 2, or 3. And the other fake products has a spelling mistake.
- You buy it and get it along with mini BRUSH.
- The jar has a square shape instead of rounded ( round jar doesn't mean it's 100% authentic anyway)
- The eyeliner itself has low quality, It will take ages to dry! it will keep smudging.
Here's the -counterfeit Mac- seller: Mac4cosmetics
Selling it for Retail Price:
and here's another:
www.ioffer.com seller id:cosmetic1681
Pic of fake MAC fluidline:
|poor logo and it's white! 100% fake|
ANOTHER FAKE MAC FLUIDLINE EYELINER:
and here's another one that will makes you easilly be fooled! thanks to Ninjagirl21 for sharing this!
I tought this pic below is a genuine MAC fluidline at first, but if you look for it carefully, you'll notice there's a little spell mistakes on the bottom jar sticker. She's also said that: "It's supposed to be blitz & glitz but I can't see any gold sparkles in it." so make sure you check on the swatch too.
This COUNTERFEIT Mac fluidline eyeliner is indeed pretty good! the jar is round and frosted, with black MAC logo on the jar and nice lining. Everything looks 'authentic', right?
(pic below credit to Ninjagirl21)
Let's see this pic below, and this is the biggest clue and prove of NON-GENUINE Mac product!
The sticker on the bottom looks good except Toronto is spelled Tornto
And one thing, if it has no spelling mistakes on the bottom, will you noticed that this is a FAKE? I can't even tell because the box looks real enough for me =(
The last thing I can do is check for the swatch and eyeliner quality.
So make sure that your MAC is genuine and please be careful if you planning to buy it online from wholesale seller or ebay.